Saturday, August 13, 2005

Saturday Stakes, etc.

Just to be on record:

My pick for the Arlington Million today is:
(3) Grand Reward- Not too much science here as I have my own betting systems/theories and one is to bet around/with Artie Schiller. Grand Reward under Jerry Bailey 2 months ago dusted Artie Schiller in the Manhattan at Belmont. That's really all I need to see. Don't get me wrong, (1) Kitten's Joy will be there at the end, but I am not sold on her at 6-5/even money. I like the first time States starter (2) Touch of Land to have a nice showing, but my solid second pick is (9) Powerscourt. I remember vividly the backstretch of last years millions and how dominant and strong P-Court looked. Yes, he's "o-fer" since then (9-0-1-2) but I think he loves this track, loves the states, and throws on the blinks for a run at the $600k first prize. Don't throw out (6) Better Talk Now. On class alone, you gotta love him.

So let's clean this up: I love the 3 and will key him in exactas with 1,2,6,9.

Good luck and don't forget there is some nice coverage on ABC this afternoon of the Sword Dancer, The Vanderbilt, The Beverly D, and The Million.

Can you smell the Breeders Cup slowly creeping up on you?

No comments: