Wednesday, August 08, 2007

There are only certain people who can appreciate this...

...which is one of the reasons a blog is necessary.

This made me SOL (scream out loud), and I looked around and thought about who I could actually relay this to who would, at the very least, chuckle lightly.

This is a post pulled from the DMTC Fan Forum (Wed. 8/8):

posted by white hat:
Let me set the scene....Del Mar racing office with a couple of minutes to post for Saratoga's 2nd. The crowd starts to gather, trainers and jockey agents by the dozens, Joe Harper comes out as well all to watch Baffert unleash Malmonides. They break from the gate and the horse runs big as he is widening in the lane the room is silent and good ol Julio Canani breaks out this one right next to Harper: "That's a nice horse, who owns him anyways?"

AWESOME! I don't know Canani personally, but I think I love him now....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The irony will come when the horse misses the rest of the season because of an injury suffered in his debut.

Anonymous said...

What you don't realize is that Julio really has no idea who owns the horse.