Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A Breeding Mistake?

Here's a pretty good interview with author and horse-lover Jane Smiley that talks about her history as a horse devotee and experiences as a breeder.

I like Jane Smiley, but never did finish her book A Year at the Races: Reflections on Horses, Humans, Love, Money, and Luck

I tried hard to get through it, but it never really grabbed me. It sits along with other finished and yet-to-be-completed books in a box in my living room (waiting to be unpacked). I know I'll get back to it one day, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

3 comments:

QQ said...

Thanks - I missed that interview. I too found A Year at the Races slow going, but I really enjoyed her novel Horse Heaven. It brightened my winter last year considerably.

Teresa said...

A belated comment on this, I know, but I loved A Year at the Races--I even wrote a post about it a while back.

Will check out Horse Heaven this winter...

Anonymous said...

ya you are right.that is really good conversation.jane's mostly put good thing in her book.i really like her.
nice post!