Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's funny how, "Great minds think alike."

Ok, so maybe it's more like, "Like minds think alike".

It was only a few short days ago that I was thinking this:

"The race has come up strong this year; it seems as if the preps are more competitive this year, doesn't it?"

Yes, I would agree... to a large extent.

I remember the last time I was this intrigued with the "Road to the Roses" I never got caught up in the prep races too much, though. This year, however, has been very different.

Maybe it's because of what I'm working on. And maybe it's just a natural progression. I'm sure being a "voter" for the Racing Dispatch Poll has contributed no small part. (BTW, I am not sure who still has Ravel in the Top 10, much less in FIRST!! But it isn't me!)

Overall, I am so jazzed about the coming weeks. Between the Derby Preps and the Dubai Classic, it's a grand time for the sport.

Beyond the races themselves, however, I have a strong feeling that this year will be a monumental one in terms of our sport's progression into the mainstream.

We've hit a plateau and I'm telling you all right now: We will reach our Tipping Point in the very near future. There are too many talented, caring people investing both time and money for this thing NOT to succeed.

I'm proud to be a part of the ongoing resurgence. I know a lot of you are too.

It' a great time to be a caring member of the thoroughbred community.

No comments: