Friday, September 14, 2007

I'm Betting Against

Somewhere around 11:00am Saturday morning, I'll roll into the first floor of Portland Meadows to watch and wager on one race - the 4th at Belmont.

In the 4th at Belmont I will be betting against Even Money ML favorite and $16mil. purchase The Green Monkey.

My money will go elsewhere.

As my racing compadre said, and I whole-heartedly agree, "I hope he finishes dead last, or breaks the track record."

I'm not saying he will do either, but my money will be saying that he doesn't finish 1st or 2nd.

For those of you keeping score at home, I'm taking SixThirteen to win and boxing an exacta with Holla Bend. That's, Sat., Belmont, Race 4, #1 WIN, #1,5 EXACTA BOX.

So the racing world isn't perfect. Somehow, everytime we seem to lament and are in the midst of a slow-period, something extremely interesting pops up on the scene.

THIS is why we love this game.

No comments: