Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tired from a long weekend, but here goes….

-In “real life”, please take a minute to congratulate Patrick over here. Very many congrats to the Patrick and his family. Hopefully we’ll all get to see him in a few weeks at the Belmont

-Looks like something is amiss over the Daily Racing Form’s “Sports Betting” pages. One of my favorite columnists, Dave Tuley is no longer writing for the Form (as far as I can tell). Not sure how many of you read his columns, but I know I did. Dave was great with getting back to you in a hurry with any questions readers may have had. To find out a little more gossip/details on it, you can go here and here.
Interesting….Where might this talented, informative scribe end up? (why is everybody looking at me? If you have any tips, send em my way, anyone asks for diplomatic immunity, you got it)

-If you haven’t signed up for this summer's Ultimate Qualifying Tournament at Emerald Downs, there should still be some spots left. I am all signed up and ready to go, especially after last’s years situation! I am very much looking forward to this event, as Susie, Adrian and the entire team up there do an amazing job with this event.

-Glad to have the Good Doctor stop by here the other day. Always great to know that cat is checking in once in a while. Pauly has the best Poker coverage, as well as more than enough brain candy to keep you occupied. The 2007 WSOP starts this week, so make sure you are checking in for live updates on his site Tao of Poker .

-Does it seem possible that we could get these five into the starting gate on June 9th at about 6:15-ish pm EDT at Belmont:

1) Curlin
2) Street Sense
3) Hard Spun
4) Chelokee
5) Rags to Riches

I don’t feel like I ask for too much, but without a Triple Crown winner, this Belmont could use various storylines for fans to gather round….

Rags to Riches could be for all of the ladies…
Chelokee for the die-hard Barbaro clan
I think Curlin really earned some backers with his gritty Preakness showing…
And Street Sense has solid following with Calvin Borel and team in tow. I would make a case for Hard Spun, but he doesn’t have a huge following, but is an interesting storyline for just being so gritty on both legs of this year’s Triple Crown.

Outrageous? Outlandish? Neither.

Out of the realm of possibility? Let’s hope not!

No comments: