Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back again. Oooh these pesky hiatuses (sp?)

Yes, it's been a while since I've posted here. Most of this "slackedness" has been due to an increasingly busy schedule in my life.

Nonetheless, through following such fantastic blogs like Alan's over at Left at the Gate (linked below)
  • Left At the Gate

  • and Jolene at Oregon Racing:
  • Oregon Racing

  • I have been able to keep up with everyone's happenings and goings ons.

    As I am about to board a Sunday evening train for Seattle (where I'll be for the next 30 hours) I want to give some quick highlights of what I am going to address here at Your Avg. horseplayer in the next few days.

    1) Review/recap of "Laughing in the Hills"-which I FINALLY finished. Editor's note:The long-ish amount of time it took me to complete this ______ book (yeah, wait for the review!) had NOTHING to do with its content.

    2) My recent purchase of Sirius Sattelite Radio (and a one-year sub).

    3) My birthday party held yestedray in the Turf Club at Portland Meadows....

    4) Thoughts on the Derby (this past Saturday was EXACTLY four months until the first Saturday in May!)

    2 comments:

    Ruben Bailey said...

    Hey T,

    I DID get Sirius just for Howard, BUT I will say that I am so absolutely in love with the all of the other glorius (commercial free) content. From Bowl games, to the Jam Channel, et. al I absolutley am in love and will never go back to terrestrial. I do have some marketing and usability issues that I will get into later in the week here at Avg. Horseplayer, but overall I am in love!!

    As far as the "At the Races Show", I read your post over at Left at the Gate and immediately looked up the schedule times for Sirius' horse racing shows and found exactly what you said....M-F 4-7 est on CH. 125.

    Thanks for the headsup.

    Ruben Bailey said...

    Yeah T-Man,

    Artie is HIGH-larious for sure.

    I used to see him hangin out at the bar in Hoboken and he would just be slumped over sloshed at the bar all of the time!

    His story/rise to stardom is retty cool. He basically got his first big break faxing in jokes to Norm McDonald (When he was SNL's news anchor). Norm kept using Arties faxed in joes, and was finally like, who is this guy? He called him up and they struck up a partnership, wrote Dirty Work...and the rest is semi-history!