Friday, June 10, 2005

Finally some excitement....Final leg just over 24 hrs. away

For the record, for those of you keeping score at home….I will not be making it to the OTB today.

Now that I have that out of my system here are some thoughts with the final leg of the Triple Crown a little over 24 hrs. away.

*I am FINALLY getting excited about the race!!

*The undercard is absolutely fantastic. Be sure to bet the house on Lost In the Fog to show. If I had $10,000, that would be my bet. ‘Fog has slipped in just in front of Artie Schiller as my new favorite horse. Afleet Alex jumped into a close third with his ridiculous performance at the Preakness. And still, one of my favorites of all-time (keep in mind that I have only been in this game since 1999) is Fusaichi Pegasus (even though he cost me a nice Pick 3 with his dismal showing in the Breeders Cup Classic).

*Speaking of Artie Schiller. Yes, he cost me money in this year’s Breeders Cup Mile, but I love this horse, and he will go off as the favorite in Saturday’s Manhattan. I would hook him up with a few horses in exactas and triples.

*And as for my LEAST favorite horse of all-time who happens to be racing on Saturday’s Belmont undercard… do everything you can to bet AGAINST Funny Cide. This plodder has more excuses than I could EVER think of. “It’s too hot… It’s too wet” blah, blah, blah…check out the DRF article from today and see for yoursel how confident Trainer Barclay Tagg sounds….
  • Why Funny Cide Will Lose (my title for this article)


  • Finally my selections for the Belmont:

    I firmly believe either Afleet Alex or Giacomo will finish 1st or 2nd. I am betting against that they both will finish in the top 2. With that in mind, I will make two separate exacta box bets using Alex, and Giacomo separately. So it will look like this:
    $2 Ex. Box 9 w/ 4,6,8 ($12) and 2$ Ex. Box 5 w/ 4,6,8 ($12) I will also back myself up by boxing the other 3 together in a $1 Ex. Box 4-6-8 ($6)

    Good luck and don't forget that ESPN's coverage of the high-quality undercard begins at 3 pm est.

    No comments: