Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Is Tuesday the New Hump-Day?

After reading this article
  • Is 40 the New 30?

  • I think we can all take a big, deep breath and relax on the notion that turning 30 is "the end of the world."

    For those of you already over 40, well that's a whole other story!!!

    Anyway....

    As I explained to my lovely, freshly 28 yr. old partner last night, Tuesdays (and Mondays generally, except in the summer & Holidays) are industry-wide "dark days". Only a handful of tracks are open, and a lot of simulcast facilities will even shut down for the day.

    Thusly, I think in the world of horses, and "horse-playing" Tuesday should actually be hump-day.

    As we slide on down the backside of hump-day and into the beginning of the racing week, there is a nice Pick-6 Carryover at Belmont of $42,568. After reading Dave Litfin's column in the DRF,
  • 6/22 Belmont Carryover

  • hope remains that this carryover puzzle will NOT be solved today!!

    There's nothing better (to me) then a several day carryover. Even though I rarely (if ever) play the Pick-6, I love following the hype, hoopla, and impending drama of a large multi-day carryover.

    Finally in other gambling news, the WSOP moves on. Check out some of the poker blogs links I've posted over on the right side of the page.

    This is one of my favorite spots to read (especially during the WSOP) and I think you'll enjoy it too.
  • WSOP Blog
  • No comments: