Monday, February 06, 2006

Electric Gatorade and Lack of a Star Ruin My Monday

Well, it’s taken me until 5:20 pm PST to shake off the hangover and the sense of loss both as a result of yesterday’s “Big Game.” Not much to say about it all, I mean everyone and their mama has covered the myriad of angles depicting four quarters of an absolutely horrifying Super Bowl. I think I just kept consuming more, faster as time ticked away, hoping somehow that my level of inebriation might result in one, JUST ONE Seahawk stepping up to the championship caliber of play needed to call yourself a Super Bowl Champion. No one did. Thusly, there will be a parade in the Steel City tomorrow at 11am, and not in the city 180 miles to the north.

And not too much to say about Stevie WonderGriffin getting hurt and withdrawing from the Derby. It is what it is. Fragile, expensive horses. I just love when things like jinx’s have shelf lives of multiple-years, it just makes things more interesting.

A VERY nice sized Pick-6 carryover at Santa Anita for Wednesday’s card. I took a look at some of the results from yesterday’s card and there were some nice sized winners (and placers). Although the earlier races featuring a 129-1 shot (paid $108 to place) weren’t part of the Pick-6, the day produced some nice payouts.

Glad to see Oregon Racing.com back up and running. Evil hackers (the REAL evil-doers Georgie Boy) shut down Jolene and Michael for a few days, but looks like they’ve got everything up and running.

Just wanted to get those tidbits off my chest….

No comments: