Monday, December 11, 2006

Oregon Championship Day

The biggest day in Oregon Racing took place today here in Portland. Portland Meadows hosted its annual meet highlight, Oregon Championship Day. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend. My take here is all based on official releases put out by Portland Meadows. I know Jolene and her crew were on hand, providing their usual "kids table" for the days festivities.

Jolene is probably settling back in at home after having to make the 2 + hour drive south, so check out either one of her sites tomorrow here and/or here for more information from her. Don't forget to also check out the TBA's favorite race caller, Jason B. over at his site where I'm sure he'll have an interesting tale or two after calling his first full Oregon Championship Day card.

I am in the process of putting together some more detailed information about last week's symposium, and hope to have a full blog panel review up by Tuesday afternoon. I hope everyone has a great Monday to start the week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think we can make it in 2 hours flat anymore...our car gets confused if we don't take the PM exit!

It was a good day of racing, there were a lot of happy people in the Ex Mountain Cop team, with the bonus, its like they won a 100k race...

Silver Patrona was an equally impressive 2 yo filly.

and it didn't rain that much!