Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Buried in the research dungeon...

I've been somewhat MIA from the internet(s), knee-deep in research and organization. As I was publicly "outed" yesterday by the Bloodhorse, my excitement and anticipation continues to grow each day. I've been afforded a platform at one of this industry's largest networking events, and I plan to offer all of those in attendance unique insight that I believe has the potential to change the future of horse racing in North America forever!!

Currently, Robert Evans, CEO of CDI Inc. has been making the PR rounds with interviews on the Courier-Journal, DRF, and now he shows up at Times-Picayune/NOLA.com, just in time for the re-opening of the Fair Grounds. I wrote Mr. Evans' assistant a personal invitation to the blog panel next next week, but haven't heard back as of yet. I've been able to come up with some semblance of an email address for Mr. Evans and am in the process of trying to reach him directly. Not sure if it is correct, as no one at CDI would give me his direct e-mail - ahhh, the joys and respect that go along with being a blogger in the horse racing world!!

Mr. Robert/Bob Evans: If you're out there, I truly hope you can find 90 minutes to attend our discussion on December, 7th at 8:30 am at the Westin Paloma in Tucson, AZ. With all of your recent public comments about technology and change, I think you'll be able to contribute as well gain some more invaluable insight from our top-notch panel.

-What's the deal with all of the recent Jockey "tussles"? I, for one, enjoy hearing about jockeys mixing it up with one another in the jock's room after racing. It shows me they actually care about what goes on during a race. I'm sure a large percentage of these altercations have more to do with Jockey well-being and personal issues, but still, if these guys are taking swings at each other after a race, that shows some serious dedication and commitment to success on the track. Jonny V., P. Val, Mr Husbands, et. al. keep up the fire-y goodness!! This is one story, and here's another.

-I am currently in the lovely Nutmeg State, Connecticut and will make my way north to the Internet-less Bershire Mountains for a day or two starting tomorrow. I might be able to sneak down to the local town for some wireless action, but if I don't, I hope everyone has a great, happy, healthy, enjoyable Thanksgiving Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better give mad props to the West side at the symposium. LOL