Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hedonism...

I just love the sound of that word.

As my trip to LV nears, I just wanted to share a brief email I received from a friend this morning:

It's a bit surreal around here today as our IT manager Susan's youngest son was hit by a car this morning on his bike and is critical condition with brain injuries. Sucks.

The really strange thing is I went to the soccer game with her and her family last night, Bobby included. Both her sons are totally cool, cute kids. I was watching Bobby do his homework with his Dad's help in the stands...right next to me. And today they are in disarry and hoping he lives to do homework again.

The world is strange.....cherish every day.

Later.


I think that speaks for itself and I know I'll try (and continue trying) to live everyday to the fullest, not worrying about the insignificant, petty things that so often consume our lives.

It is a shame that sometimes tragedy is needed to give us the kick in the ass that we all need to gain the proper perspective.

Life is short, man. I think it behooves us all to cherish it all a bit more, everyday.

1 comment:

t said...

You know, I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this in the Blood-Horse today: http://opinions.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=35206

Life is fragile. You have to enjoy it.