Sunday, September 03, 2006

My toes are sunburned + Ray Paulick follow up

There’s been a lot going on around these parts over the past few days. I step away to attend my first college football game in person, (Oregon kilt Stanford 48-10) and 36 hours later I come to find all hell has broken loose in the horse racing blogosphere. It looks as though Ray Paulick of Bloodhorse has been making his way around the TBA. I won't belabor the point, but if you want to take some time checking out his visits, go here. Patrick does a more than adequate job summing up what has gone down so far.

See how these internet(s) work, guys? It’s called word of mouth, or viral marketing. It’s an absolute beautiful thing. We stoke the fires of news and information, spreading “the word” like wildfire helping to keep thing fresh for everyone. Now we just need that connection to the next generation….

This post, from earlier in the week was a sort-of-diatribe directed at said Editor in Chief. With that however, I do want to commend Mr. Paulick on his visiting all of our sites. My “Answer to an Answer” post was not meant to be petulant or abusive. I appreciate RP’s presence on my site and others, addressing current issues within the sport.

I look forward to meeting Mr. Paulick at Churchill Downs the last week of October.

No rehashing of an old fight by me. I think we, the thoroughbred bloggers of the internet(s), are slowly creeping our way into the mainstream consciousness of this sport. And that, my friends, is a good thing.

-Much appreciation to those of you using this blog as a platform for disucssion and communication. Like some others, I will be making a continued, concerted effort to up the ante on this blog.

Here are a few stories that I thought you might be interested in checking out:

1) Potential new marketing scheme for the NTRA?

2) Look at ABC stealing from Snakes on a Plane. Ladies and gentleman, the best new way to create buzz for your product: staged or not, this is good buzz. And do you really think ABC didn’t plant this? I didn’t think so!

3) Horsetail envy is all the rage…

No comments: