Sunday, September 17, 2006

I got my links back!!

Thanks to Mozilla/Firefox I am now able to utilize the al important "links" feature on Blogger. I am still working through this whole Mac thing. It has been less than a week and the jury is still out, but the more I use it, the more I love it.

Is there anything better than a beautifully crisp, fall day? When the days begin to shorten, and humidity is a forgotten foe, the glorious time of year we call autumn surprises us with its unique odor and comfort.

I started the day with a leisurely bike ride through some Portland neighborhoods that I had never quite experienced. Just another plus on an already enjoyable day.

Consuming my toasted bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee along side my new friend Cornelius, who looked similiar to this I found myself in a refined state of comfort. Warmth, a slight breeze out of the north and a whiff of contentment filled my senses and I thought of two other places that might be equally enjoyable at this point in the year.

1) Belmont Park: The two finest times of the year at the world famous Queens track are twilight Fridays in late spring/early summer and early fall when racing returns from Saratoga.
2) Keeneland: Yes, I know the historic Bluegrass track isn’t quite open yet. And I have not had the pleasure of enjoying its historic, bucolic surroundings, but from what I hear and what I can envision, Keeneland in the fall is a destination for any horse racing fan.

I have a big announcement to finally release to you all come tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to letting everyone in on an amazing opportunity afforded to me in the upcoming weeks. I appreciate everyone who has participated in this site over the past two years. This blog has transformed into something more than I ever could have imagined and I look forward to growing and expanding the reach of this blog, and the 21 other blogs associated with the TBA.

No comments: