Monday, September 25, 2006

Sun is shining, the weather is sweet, (yeah)......

Not a bad Monday, I guess. Certainly better than THIS.

When the Garlic Fries are the highlight of your day at an NFL game, you know it was a bad day for your team.

Exaggerations aside, going to football games at Qwest Field in Seattle is always a great time. Major thanks to my buddy Rodriguez for hooking up our tix. I really had an amazing time. Wearing one of the few Giants shirts at the game led to several interesting "confrontations". Sure, there were some Shockey and Manning jerseys, but I guess being in the lower level stocked with Seahawk season ticket holders, doesn't allow for many out of town fans. Although there were a few deuschbags at the game, most who were giving we sh^& were the typical good hearted people of the Pacifc NW. There were no punches thrown or ugly Philadelphia-esque incidents. Just good solid b$%l-busting.

I think I uttered the words, "I will see you all in this seat for the NFC Championship game on January 21st" about 50 times. It was the only crafty comeback I could muster after being down 42-3 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

For those of you interested in sports betting, I would highly advise taking the Seahawks at home every single game the rest of the season. That stadium is so ridiculously loud. Screaming at the top of my lungs, you can't even begin the hear the person next to you.

For those of you football fans who might have caught the game, it is impossible to try and change a play at the line of scrimmage, and it is equally as tough just trying to call a snap count. The only way to get a win at Qwest field is to return the opening kick (or defensive play) for a touchdown. Otherwise, the momentum and noise created by the +67k fans is debilitating. Here are some photos. More rambling to come later in the day. Seeing as this is supposed to be a horse racing blog, maybe I'll even get to some horse stuff?

No comments: