Friday, October 13, 2006

A little gambling for your Friday?

Friend, fellow blogger and Fernet lover, Brad, has the TBA's favorite filly entered in the 2nd race tomorrow at Golden Gate Fields.
With Movement making her turf/two -turn debut, I ventured over to Equibase to find out all of the details on the little horse that could (might).

It turns out that Movement will go off in tomorrow's 2nd which is slated to post for 1:18 pm pst. Over the course of a few minutes perusing the field, I came across a few interesting angles that I am going to use tomorrow:

1) I will be betting the early double using Spicoli with both Movement and Exploitress.

2) An exacta in the 2nd using Movement and Exploitress - box it, Dan-O.

Mind you, I haven't seen any pp's for either of these races. Sometimes though, this game works in funny ways. Like betting certain horses strictly by who the jockey is sometimes using any quirky little angle can provide a more than respectable ROI. As an avid horse player (also known as being just an "average horseplayer") there is nothing better than touting out a race and picking a winner. I never mind though, bringing in a few extra bucks for no other reason then a horse's name, or even an incorrect ticket punched by a careless window teller.

But why Exploitress? Well, my skewed logic leads me back to Brad's blog. Of course we all know that Brad's blog is called, "Brad Buys a Yearling", but let's not forget the exact web address that takes us there: http://exploitfilly.blogspot.com/

I am not too sure about the genesis of the address, but in this case it's good enough juju for me.

Finally, how does one NOT bet on a horse called, "Spicoli"? I mean come on!!! Also, (Jeff) Spicoli is the only KY bred in the 6 horse field for the Friday's9 opener.

1 comment:

t said...

Yeah, I am a fan of the fernet! Good stuff.

Movement didn't have a name until my blog was up for several months. She is by Exploit, thus she is an Exploit filly. So is Exploitress.

Race day jitters are setting in. I should have another fernet.